Whether your carpets are stained from stubborn items such as coffee-stains of crayon marks or just a typical build-up of dirt and dust, every type of carpet requires attention and care from time to time. Many homeowners do not enjoy the efforts involved when it comes to carpet cleaning such as moving around furniture or having to wait for the carpets to fry. However, carpet care is not a complex task. Here are a few tips you can use to remove lingering smells or stubborn stains.
Effective Carpet Cleaning Tips
• Powder Carpet Cleaners
Powder cleaners are an effective method to clean carpets. Here is the best technique for cleaning carpets with powder:
•Sprinkle the powder generously over your carpets
•Wait for a minimum of 30 minutes. If you are able to leave the powder overnight it will give the cleaner sufficient time to work on consuming odors and softening stains
• Ensure that you thoroughly vacuum up all the powder
• Shampoo Carpet Cleaners
Another popular cleaning agent, especially for after you’ve hired a professional to install your carpeting is carpet shampoo. Today there are a variety for brands to choose from, so ensure that you always adhere to the advice and guidance on each label.
– Make up a solution by following the directions on the label. In most cases, these products will require that you dilute them with water
– Use enough of the shampoo that it covers the entire area
– Avoid making your carpets too wet as this is just a waste of the product and the carpets will take too long to dry
– Use a hard-bristled brush to scrub areas that have stains
– Allow the carpets to dry
– Vacuum your carpets well as soon as the shampoo has dried
Choosing The Right Carpet Cleaners
When you clean your carpets, general water and soap is not enough, particularly when dealing with deep-seated odors, persistent stains or many months of years of caked-on dirt. The majority of homeowners either choose carpet shampoos or carpet powders to clean their carpets.
When it comes to dealing with dirt and stains, it is advisable to choose a carpet powder over a shampoo it you are short on time. Carpet shampoos often take many hours in order to dry, which will leave these areas off-limits until they are completely dry. The powder carpet shampoos are easy to vacuum up and are able to perform a great job.
Easy Stain Remover Tips
For an isolated stain, it is always easier to remove them as soon as you can before they dry into the fibers of the carpet. Keep in mind that you should never wipe a stain but rather blot the stain to avoid smudging, or forcing the stains deeper into your carpets. You can use a detergent to spot clean or use some of these handy tricks to remove a stubborn stain:
• For a sticky stain such as gum, harden the material with an ice-cube before you pry it off.
• For an odor stain, mix warm water and vinegar in equal parts and apply this solution to the stain using a cloth.